Five Star Senior Living Inc. Dietary Aide in Reno, Nevada
Five Star Premier Residences of Reno is a beautiful community in Reno, NV, with more than 200 units offering independent living and assisted living.Key Responsibilities
At this time, we are seeking a Dietary Aide to join our team!
- Prepares and/or pre-portions food (such as beverages, salads, desserts, and other items assigned by the supervisor) for regular and therapeutic diets according to the planned menu and production sheets and as directed.
- Handles food using proper food handling and food safety techniques according to established policies and procedures.
- Insures that food is served in an attractive, appetizing manner. Uses proper tasting technique to insure quality taste and palatability prior to service.
- Maintains the proper temperature of food during preparation and service. Records food temperatures according to established policy.
- Assists with the setup of the tray line. Assembles trays according to the planned menu and tray tickets, stated portion, resident food preferences, and diet order and within the established time schedules. Assists in checking trays during service for accuracy.
- Must possess, at a minimum, a 10th grade education.
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Be able to interpret and implement written or oral policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Communicate effectively.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.